View Single Post

Old 05-20-2018, 05:15 PM

Liked 5,871 Times in 1,246 Posts

Strangely enough, the vast majority of lawyers never see the inside of a courtroom through their entire career. I suspect that's true for many law enforcement officers as well. I always had a lot of respect for the officers I saw often in my courtroom - they were the true tip of the spear. As for myself, I never could see the point of being a lawyer if I wasn't in court. So, I averaged 2-3 days each week in court during the first nineteen years of my career, mostly federal courts. Then I spent virtually every working day for the next 20+ years in a courtroom. It was very strange to sit there on my last day and realize that it really was my last day. It has been 16 months now and, while it took some adjustment, I haven't really missed it. The last several of my cases that were appealed were all affirmed, including a murder and various drug and sex offender cases. The last one concluded just a few months ago. That was a nice way to end it. So to SIG220.45 and all the other LEO's who spent time in the courtroom helping the system work, from one who wasn't always the easiest guy in the room to get along with, congratulations and my respect for a job well done.

Last edited by Wyo; 05-20-2018 at 05:17 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: