View Single Post

Old 05-20-2018, 05:19 PM

Liked 46 Times in 23 Posts

Fair enough...I was wrong. Misread two different sources and mistakenly thought this was farther along. Have read additional summaries and now i have an accurate understanding of whats going on...Thanks for pointing it out. I do appreciate that.

That being said pro gun people (like me?) tend to get uncomfortable when targeted by any number of feel good legislative acts or misguided ballot measures.

2A is law of the land....with a clearly defined process on how to change or modify its scope.

Going to the courts/ballot measures to chip away at my ability to exercise A2 rights is not the proper way to go about it. But these are the tactics being used by the mob. Yes it makes me nervous.

Going to the courts/ballot measures do nothing to stop or curb gun violence or deaths. Criminals will have any sort of gun/ magazine they can get their hands on no matter what law says. That defines a criminal. That makes me nervous.

Rather than limiting criminal activity these sorts of ballot measures expand the scope of criminality to capture greater numbers of otherwise law abiding productive non criminal citizens exercising their 2A rights. This makes me nervous.

This is government creating an entirely new class of criminals out of ordinary law abiding citizens whose prior contacts with law enforcement may well be limited to a traffic stop....while doing nothing to curb real criminals going about their daily criminal activities. And that makes me nervous.

But thanks for pointing out my mistake.
The Following User Likes This Post: