Thread: Shield .380 EZ
View Single Post

Old 05-21-2018, 08:54 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 380 EZ problem

I purchased a 380 EZ for my wife as it is much easier to pull the slide back. I took her and my 18 yo granddaughter to the range to cycle a few rounds through it and was initially very impressed. Here is my problem. My granddaughter pulled the slide back to chamber a round and when she sighted in on the target the weapon would not fire. The trigger came all the way back with no snap as if the hammer had not cocked. I took the EZ from her and tried to fire the round myself but had the same results. So, now I have a live round in the chamber that I cannot fire and the slide will not come back to eject the round. I suspect that when she chambered the round perhaps she pulled the slide back just far enough for the round to chamber but not quite far enough to cock the hammer. I have never had this happen before but most of my experience is with revolvers. Is this common with semi autos? Since it is a live round I will be taking it to a gunsmith but just wanted to know if any of you have ever had this happen.