View Single Post

Old 05-21-2018, 10:57 PM
Banned

Liked 4,324 Times in 1,793 Posts

Some folks is just being obstinate. It's got a case feeder. It's got a bullet dropper. And what the Safety/Auto Prime loses in automation, it gains in switching between large and small primers at will.

I did, however, manage to have spent primers on the floor, though, 1sailor. It took effort with my turret, but I done it.

I emptied the spent primer tube a few hundred rounds ago, having left it for too long. I proceeded to load another 300 or so rounds, when I had an extremely rare occurrence: I dispensed a live primer onto the seating gizmo, and when the dispenser withdrew, it ever-so-delicately flipped the primer out of its little cup, into a slot on the ram, and down the spent primer passage.

So I figured I'd have to shake out a few dead primers, and pick out the one live one. Because I abhor having a flat of ammo with one empty space.

Trouble is, when I pulled the endcap off the spent primer tube, it was empty. Dead empty. That was when I realized that the inside of the ram was jammed full of spent primers.

I wound up gingerly tapping and scraping out the clog of primers--hundreds of the the things--with a brass cleaning rod, looking for the live one. A tub underneath the press caught maybe 30% of the primers that fell out, but most bounced off my hand and arm. And by the time I thought to put on gloves, my hand was already covered in unimaginable primer filth.