View Single Post

Old 05-22-2018, 08:02 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 802 Times in 172 Posts

/\ noted. I’ll look into goggles.

So while he was In school (day off for me/shift work) I reassembled the revolver. Lots of hand fitting needed on the other side plate and even on the rear arch underside of the hammer for the cylinder release to operate. This would have been boring for a 12 year old to watch so I got it all done. Then I totally took it apart and didn’t tell him I did the tedious boring work. I also loaded 100 rounds of .38 special light loads for him as summer is coming. So when he came home I let him unwind for a bit and then had him roll crimp the reloads. A small added chore to keep him in the loop of the whole process but not enough to overburden/burn him out after a whole day of school. After dinner I pried him away from his video games and he reassembled it. I could see he knows which parts are what systems now, just the sequence and orientation are all over the place ��

I let him choose from 2 sets of grips. I then walked him through a function test, and then we tested a primer...success! He’s pleased with himself...now it sits until brownells box arrives..

Last edited by Vbk76; 05-22-2018 at 08:09 PM.
The Following 22 Users Like Post: