View Single Post

Old 05-22-2018, 09:01 PM

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

@ruggyh,

Good advice. I have heard from many sources about when to use fast versus slow. It is one of the variables but appears to be something to consider depending on which bullet you use. At least according to Ranier and some other sources I've talked to about it.

I have caught 1 - 9mm double charge but haven't had an issue with overcharge. I could see overcharging if you don't pay attention to the scale and don't double and triple check it. Don't know other methods of overcharging unless something goes wrong with the powder measure.

The only way I reload after 2 years at it is following approved data. I'll either call, use the Hornady reloading books or get recipes from the manufacturer's web sites.
The only time I can say I will not follow either one of those 3 methods is the advice given from BlueDot37 and knowing the overall length recommended by Ranier was 2.070 and BlueDot37's recommendation of taper crimping to the ogive which seats it pretty deep, it make a whole lot of sense.
I assume the deeper you seat, given all other variables the same, it would increase the pressure a bit, but not sure???

Thanks!