Thread: Shield .380 EZ
View Single Post

Old 05-23-2018, 11:09 AM

Liked 26 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop1952 View Post
Yes, we had the grip safety completely depressed but did not make any difference, trigger is lax and comes all the way back. The slide will not come back more than a few millimeters no matter how hard I try so I can’t eject the round. Also because the slide will not come back I can’t field strip the weapon.
This sounds like two completely different issues. In the first instance, the slide was not retracted enough to reset the hammer and trigger. In the second instance, the cartridge has some dimension issues that jammed it hard into the chamber. It could be that the bullet is too long and is jammed into the rifling or the case was not sized correctly and is clinging to the chamber. I guess a third possibility is that the attempt to chamber without retracting the slide sufficiently somehow fed the cartridge at a weird angle that somehow locked up the gun. Is the gun completely in battery or is it slightly out of battery? If completely in battery, I would say it was a cartridge dimension issue.