Thread: 9mm std vs +P
View Single Post

Old 05-23-2018, 03:13 PM

Liked 29,236 Times in 13,822 Posts
Default I contend......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispcapt View Post
You need to find another attorney. That one clearly doesn't have a clue about shooting cases.
What this "attorney" is saying is you use your firearm in a self defense situation and the prosecutor is going to argue that you did not intend to shoot the person, it was an accident because your firearm had a light trigger. That makes absolutely no sense. No prosecutor is going to argue an accidental shooting if you're saying you were in fear of your life and the use of deadly force was justified. Find another attorney.
The question is did you intentionally shoot the person. Trigger pull weight has nothing to do with it. If you did not intend to shoot the person then it doesn't matter trigger pull either. The question in shooting cases is would a reasonable person believe they were in fear of their life or great bodily harm where the use of deadly force is justified.
If you say you didn't intend to shoot the person then trigger weight won't matter either. At trial it's either you were justified using deadly force or you weren't.
Prosecutor: "I contend that in choosing to shoot your gun single action the hair trigger caused you to shoot my client."

Defendant: "I contend that either way I was intentionally going to shoot your client."