View Single Post

Old 05-23-2018, 07:06 PM

Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Default New Apex Action Enhancement Kit for the SDVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&W Rover View Post
Apex has begun advertising their "New Apex Action Enhancement Kit for the SDVE." The kit is claimed to produce "a smoother, lighter trigger pull with less pre-travel and over-travel and an improved reset."

Disclaimer: I am not connected with Apex in any way. I know it is unusual to post new after-market items on this Forum, but for SD9/SD40 owners, after-market items are slim pickings and this is the first new thing I've seen come along for the SD's in a long time. Maybe its not new to everyone, but the email made it sound "new" to me, so I am passing it along.

The kit appears to be the Apex enhanced trigger plus the Apex SD spring kit, with the addition of an Apex Sear Spring. See picture in thumbnail.

The Apex webpage also has direct links to Apex's videos on SD9/40 slide disassembly and frame assembly/disassembly, which may be of use to folks here even if you don't buy the new kit.

It would be interesting to see if anyone has installed this kit, and what the results are for your SD9/40.

I did those upgrades back when they were two separate purchases (Apex spring kit didn’t have a seer spring) plus a seer spring from Galloway. Made a big difference in the trigger pull/action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by MRSpivey; 05-23-2018 at 07:08 PM.