View Single Post

Old 05-23-2018, 11:06 PM

Liked 65 Times in 31 Posts

I have the Shield-9 V1.0. I love it, bone stock as it is, except for leather grip panels that I made (see avatar). I've learned to shoot it well enough to trust my point of aim and believe it to be a superlative example of carry efficiency in this size group. At ranges this gun is designed for - point blank to 20 feet, it is as accurate as it needs to be, stock trigger notwithstanding.

I don't see the efficacy of fwd slide serrations in most pistols because I think there is inherent risk in manipulating same so close to the muzzle. There is no advantage over the standard rear serrations that I can say is truly validating. Numerous reviews have mentioned that the serrations simply don't work that well anyway. They seem to be the cause of fingers slipping off as the slide moves back and encounters the widened part of the frame, just above the trigger guard. To me, it just helps to create a mis-handling risk. Others may disagree, for their own reasons.

I also think they are visually rather over the top and prefer a cleaner looking gun. I would prefer a smooth looking slide on my 2.0 Compact, as well as eliminating those ridiculous looking "passenger windows" on the frame, just under the fwd serrations. I've already removed the tactical rail and am very pleased with the result.

As to the cost of getting what you would really prefer, it shouldn't matter too much. Either way, they are not an expensive gun, on sale or not. I paid $419 plus tx and would do it again right now.