View Single Post

Old 05-24-2018, 09:19 PM
Banned

Liked 9,332 Times in 2,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthom View Post
As promised! I placed an online order for two plain black leather slip fit magazine holsters for my Shield45. Confirmation was very prompt, same day, with a "thank you" and order receipt was close on the heels of the confirmation, again same day. On May 18, I received notice that the package was tendered to FedEx Express Saver with promised delivery on May 23.

The package was delivered today as promised. I made previous comment that this seemed a long time for a delivery from El Paso to Lubbock. Not a fuss, mind you, just a curiosity. Following the delivery of the package with the tracking number indicated that it first went almost clean across the country to Memphis, TN and turned around and came back here on the exact day promised up front. Not a problem, just a curiosity for me.

I can also report that the products are both of excellent construction, just what I wanted, and I am very pleased with them. These mag carriers were stated to be slip fit. I will say that it's gonna take a few days of stretching the leather a bit by the means of wrapping a few layers of kitchen waxed paper around them and placing the mags inside the carriers, which took considerable effort. Not to worry, (unless some of you report me filching some of my wife's waxed paper from the kitchen for this purpose!)

The slip fit is very snug, which bodes well for mag retention after I get them relaxed just a bit. These carriers should retain their shape very well, and they fit tight on my belt against the waist band of my britches, meaning that they should not move around much out of position on my belt. They also are constructed with a pull the dot snap that holds the leather that makes the belt loop to the rear body of the carrier which should allow the carrier to be removed from the belt if necessary without removing your belt and sliding it through a solid loop. I've had good luck with pull the dot snaps, and even if one should eventually relax it's grip, they are easily replaced. I don't expect to be unsnapping the carriers very often so I'm not concerned.

I remain a very satisfied EPS customer. Good gear is worth the wait, especially if the order is custom in any way. Likely if I'd ordered carved leather, the wait would have been longer, and the cost would have been more. EPS has always come through with me with good quality and construction as well as good communication during the process. That's my experience, which began with the company in the 1960's. I believe there has been some change in ownership during that period, but no change in customer service or product quality in my personal experience!

Forgot to mention that I got a nice color current catalog in the package with the mag carriers. Glad to have it. It's a beauty worthy of spending some time finding out if there is anything else they have that i need! There ya go!
Sounds good!
The Following 2 Users Like Post: