View Single Post

Old 05-24-2018, 10:45 PM

Liked 658 Times in 340 Posts

There is NO reason to be concerned with the front serrations on the shield 2.0. To be honest, they should NEVER be used. IMO the gun should ALWAYS be HOT and in a kydex or quality reinforced nylon holster that will not draw moisture (AT ALL TIMES) and come out only for cleaning,training or God forbid for self defense. Vedder light tuck holster and N82 Envoy holster are my choice but I also use a reinforced nylon holster with a pouch for an extra mag. Uncle Mike and Blackhawk make then for around $20 and they are ambidextrous.

I agree with with the above post in putting in a APEX Carry/Duty kit in the 1.0 but use ALL the factory springs. It will give you a 5.6 pound trigger pull that is smooth as butter and almost a pound lighter than useing the APEX springs.

My 1.0 Shield shoots ALL rounds in the X ring at 7 yards.

I have been shooting pistols for over 50 years and the only guns that have such a good trigger(after the APEX parts are installed) is a Glock with a 3 pound trigger and a 1911.

Also, a lot of people don’t care for the more aggressive grip of the 2.0 Shield. That is a personal choice. You might want to get the Shield with factory night sights. It also comes with an extra 8 round mag. That’s worth considering and well worth the extra money.

Best of luck on your final purchase !

Last edited by Execpro; 05-24-2018 at 10:54 PM.