View Single Post

Old 05-25-2018, 07:42 AM

Liked 201 Times in 39 Posts

I'm very fond of all my CZ's but, for some reason, I like my all-steel 75 Compact the most. At 10 yards, it's one of the most accurate pistols in my collection.

CCI Blazer Brass, 124gr FMJ

S&B, 115gr FMJ

The first time I shot a CZ was in 1979, during a Warsaw Pact weapons familiarization day at the range. Our friends and allies in the Israeli Defense Force were conducting joint-exercises with NATO and they had brought several Egyptian-capture AK's, CZ's, Makarovs, etc. I got to shoot a CZ 75 and it was love at first bang. It certainly changed my opinion of Combloc weapons as cheap, second-rate dreck you couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with.

The only modifications I made were to swap-out the plastic guide rod for a stainless one, VZ grips for the factory plastic grips and add rubber magazine bump pads from CGW.

I also did a 15 yard POI test with my 6.5" Model 29-2 after warming-up with the CZ.

Federal 240gr. JHP

First 6 shots were impacting low and left so I adjusted elevation three-clicks up and windage five-clicks right and was pretty satisfied with the results.

15 yards, Fiocchi 200gr JHP, .44 Special

I had nine rounds of Fiocchi .44 Special left from a previous range trip. It has always performed well in my other .44's and it was no exception in the 29-2. Needless to say, I've ordered a few more boxes of it while I get my reloading bench set back up.

Last edited by Floki; 05-25-2018 at 08:03 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: