View Single Post

Old 05-26-2018, 08:22 AM

Liked 365 Times in 133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitwabit View Post
Until it would actually happen to you/me none of us know exactly what we would do .. we can only draw on past experiences and our level of training ..But how one has acted in a past experience can be perceived on how one would act again ..
I don't agree with that.....

Quote:
I'm not a HERO and don't plan on being one but I won't go down with out a fight !!
And that 's why I disagree with the above. Imo, the older we get, the more our sense of self preservation and survival instinct kicks in, so our past experiences would NOT be a good indicator. Another fact I know, that as a RESULT of past experiences, we change. When I was in USMC boot camp, my buddy and I talked one day, we looked at our platoon mates and tried to predict who would make it and who wouldn't. We were both dead wrong. The quiet, mousy guys were the ones who came through and the big, buffed loud mouths were the ones who didn't( physical and emotional injuries). I know that when most folks fail or are embarrassed at a past cowardice, etc, they resolve to rectify that. Resolving to "not go down without a fight" is alot of times, all that is required, to do the right things.