View Single Post

Old 05-26-2018, 06:56 PM

Liked 2,425 Times in 750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFramer View Post
Guys I knew l shouldn't have posted this thread. I didn't think this was a "ridiculous conversation" but judging how someone gave it a 1-star rating I can only surmise my own stupidity is to blame. I only wanted to start a dialogue on my thoughts. I should have known better... sorry.

-Jay
I wouldn't worry about it. Personally I think that you could handle a realistic situation with the slugs. Very few incidents require squad level firepower and a ghost ring sighted slug gun is very accurate to 100 yards.

Often times we in the gun community tend to build scenarios not to prepare for events but to justify our selection of hardware or demonstrate our superior grasp of tactics and techniques.

As far as those who feel that you can't justify using lethal force beyond a few yards, it can be and has been done. It all depends on the situation and is dependent on the intent, opportunity and capability of the offender. If he is unlawfully placing people in jeopardy from 50 yards away (think active shooter) you don't have to shake his hand to justify deadly force.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: