View Single Post

Old 05-26-2018, 09:52 PM

Liked 4,269 Times in 1,042 Posts

Of course, any gun is better than no gun. But, 5 shots without any possibility of reloading has its limitations, given the other options now available to us.

Back when the SAA ruled the day, *everyone was limited to the single-action revolver* So everyone was on an equal ground.

Today, if/when we have to go up against a deadly threat, the odds are that the threat will not also have just a single action revolver. They will have a Glock 17 type gun or a long gun like an AK or an AR.

Given the threat profile that we will most likely face, *I don't want to handicap myself right off the bat with only 5 slow shots with no reload*.

There are plenty of documented cases of both LEO's and armed civilians who needed more than six rounds during a gun fight. I've posted many links in the past about these cases...they exist.

In today's world, I like a 1911 with a reload. The 1911 is quick in the hand, plenty powerful, and *very fast reloaded*. The double stack gun just doesn't conceal or carry like a slim 1911.

8+1 with a fast reload is just fine for me. 5 rounds with no possibility of a reload...I don't like playing those odds.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: