View Single Post

Old 05-27-2018, 11:04 AM

Liked 333 Times in 170 Posts

My reply may be valid for me only. Nevertheless, . . . periodically my MCTD causes rheumatoid arthritis symptoms in my hands and arms. While I may not be able to use any of my DA/SA revolvers during one of these episodes, to date I have had zero difficulty using one of my Freedom Arms Model 97s. Thumb cocking from a two-handed Weaver-type shooting position is no problem. Having my grip break down after every shot is not nearly the handicap with single actions as it is with trigger cocking. And revolver riding up to break the shooting grip has the benefit reducing apparent recoil.

If I could construct a grip that wouldn't break down, I would strongly consider my 4.25-inch Model 97 - or having Freedom Arms convert one of mine to their tiny 3.5-inchers with round butt to be EDC. I could create significant cash from disposing of my "smaller" revolvers. Such a 45 Colt revolver that can safely use ammunition that would be absurdly powerful for self-defense from two-leggeds some how appeals to my inner Walter Mitty.

Hope something in this mishmash is helpful.