View Single Post

Old 05-27-2018, 07:29 PM

Liked 4,916 Times in 1,705 Posts

Since 1776 and I had this discussion already via PM I will have to disagree with him...

Lance Thomas...his shop was a commercial robbery magnet...not something a normal civilian would ever encounter. There are videos of his gun fights that I have seen and after wildly blasting one gun dry he would run down the counter for another...

Richard Davis was shot before he shot the robbers not after. He took care of business with the 5 shots he had. There was no more incoming fire after he ran dry...fight over:

"The streetwise Davis came prepared for an assault, but his body was unprepared for the two bullets that nailed him seconds later, one glancing off his head just beneath the frame of his glasses and the other plowing into the back of his leg.

Rather than falling to the ground, Davis somehow managed to wound two of his three attackers. "Thank God for the 'Saturday Night Special,' " he said, referring to the small, cheap handgun his attackers used. "I was hit twice, but I got four hits on them, so I won the game on points, I guess."

Jason Hendeix, while and exceptionally brave LEO, was not acting as a civilian once he decided to go on the "offensive" to stop the possible murder/kidnapping. In reading the whole story, even if he had extra ammo when he ran his gun dry, the likelihood of him being able to reload due to his injuries was doubtful...

I have either personally spoken to or emailed with many of the top trainers and have asked the same questions about a civilian reload and other than the ones cited, they have none. (this was in the 2003-5 area).

What you bring to the dance in your gun is what you are going to finish the fight with...

If you read Tom Givens book Fighting Smarter, he has had 65 students involved in gun fights...not a one reloaded except for one who reportedly topped off his gun after the hostilities were basically over...

So as to the original question on carrying a SA for self-defense and are competent with it, it beats someone who who has a Wonder 9 who isn't...mindset/training/tactics are everything...

Bob

Last edited by SuperMan; 05-27-2018 at 07:41 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: