View Single Post

Old 05-28-2018, 06:42 AM

Liked 67 Times in 23 Posts
Default Liability of Carrying

I’m a beginning gun owner and new to the forum. Did not know where to post my concern but did here since I own an M&P pistol (380 EZ). Yesterday I completed my LTC class and passed both the written and range tests so am ready to apply for my Texas LTC. Have to say tho, the biggest thing I came away from the training is how financially devastating it can be to ever find yourself in the situation to have to defend yourself. Even just drawing your gun and not actually shooting it can result in an aggravated assualt charge until proven justified by the courts.
I KNOW, I KNOW! Your life is very valuable (duh) and is the first priority but I just can’t quit thinking about the financial aspect of it and that my husband does not (he has had his license for a year). We are retired and while not having a lot of income, I manage well and we live comfortably but it’s a precarious ledge. Also I am just a worrier by nature. At the class, we were told about insurance but I’m not sure I can add that monthly expense.
Just wondering how others handle this looming worry, especially when just starting this journey of carrying? And feel free to call me ridiculous.

Last edited by GunsNParadise; 05-28-2018 at 06:43 AM.
The Following 13 Users Like Post: