View Single Post

Old 05-28-2018, 08:45 AM
US Veteran

Liked 2,325 Times in 615 Posts

I carried my 49 and then 649 in this Top Line nylon rig every day for over 20 yrs as second and often off duty. Never went to work without it. It took a lot of hard use but held up pretty well. I added the brown strap over the trigger guard since the factory strap went over the hammer. The factory strap probably would have held the humpbacks OK over the nub of the exposed hammer but I just felt more secure with the 2nd strap.
I really liked the Top Line design. It used a wide ankle strap which was comfortable and secure. They had a pouch for extra ammo which I worked well for 6 rds in a speed strip. I also had one for a Walther PPK that had a pouch for an extra mag. Unfortunately I let that one go when the PPK was traded away. Top Line which was made in OH is no longer in business.
I later got a Bianchi when the Top Line was cut along the cylinder when I was climbing a fence. The Bianchi was not near as comfortable. I wore it about 10 yrs on duty and do occasionally now that I'm retired. If I could find another Top Line I'd pitch the Bianchi.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TL649.JPG (21.2 KB, 17 views)