View Single Post

Old 05-29-2018, 11:03 AM

Liked 365 Times in 133 Posts

Well, I've been shooting revolvers since I's about 10yrs old( carried a SA on my hip in KY, for snakes and wild animals) and IDPA for 20 yrs and shot Revolver( S&W Mod66-2), there's pros and cons on both sides of the isle. Sure, revolvers don't have flaws of a Semi, but they have their own set of problems, namely timing. IF the timing isn't EXACTLY right, the bullet isn't lined up with the barrel and you'll have potentially fatal, catastrophic failure. asap. Speaking of that, if you have a dud( squib), you definitely do NOT want to ignore it and just "pull the trigger". IF it detonates, later, in the cylinder, again, deadly, catastrophic failure. IDK about y'all, but I don't like things blowing up in my face. YMMV

Btw, I had to retire my 66, cause fire was coming out of the side, between the cylinder and forcing cone. I replaced it with a Ruger SP101.

My DW wanted a gun, so I took her to a gun show and let her handle EVERY type of pistol. She demanded that it feel good in her hand( carpal Tunnel). She settled on the Walther P99 in 9mm and now has a PPQ in .40S&W. No problem, she comfortable with them and is VERY accurate at the range. Me, after shooting every kind of pistol out there, S&W are the best. I've had ( and shot) Mod 59, 6906 and 6909, etc, but the M&P9 is my new competition pistol. Hands down the best pistol I've ever shot. Btw I carry a Kahr T40. Best DA trigger out there( Like the S&W revolvers).

Last edited by CCHGN; 05-29-2018 at 11:40 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: