View Single Post

Old 05-29-2018, 12:05 PM

Liked 365 Times in 133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absalom View Post
This comment, and the incident itself, makes a good point....
As a kid, I got into Bruce Lee and his training philosophy is that it should be realistic as possible, so his students would train in the street clothes they showed up in, outdoors, on the street and in parks , etc.. He would set up scenarios that would put the students out of their comfort zones. A study of Lee's upbringing, he had to fight alot as a child, as he was bullied alot( which is what motivated him to be who he was), but the point is, he knew that fights are awkward and sudden, so he trained his student that way.

Also, when I was a kid, we use to have BB gun fights and shoot at each other at 3-5yrd distances and quickly learned what it takes to survive a shooting (no one wants to get shot, even by a bb gun, but some times it means taking a shot, to get away). Mainly, getting of the X and shooting while getting off the X and getting to cover. It's VERY awkward, but very effective. When I saw Gabe Suarez and his Force on Force training, I knew that that was right on. BB Guns are replaced by air soft, but everything else is the same.

That heroic teacher who took 3 shots to subdue that student is good example, it could have been fatal for him( the teen girl who was also shot is in critical condition), but he had to try. Luckily, he has a Guardian Angel.

Last edited by CCHGN; 05-29-2018 at 12:21 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: