View Single Post

Old 05-29-2018, 12:13 PM
US Veteran

Liked 5,590 Times in 2,562 Posts

Each has advantages and disadvantages. I have carried one or another or both at various times.

If you clean your gun once in a while and don't drop it in fine dry dirt or thin mud, there is hardly a question which type is more reliable. If you think there is, you need to learn more or think more, granted that with some bullet shapes many modern slabside guns are significantly better than some older ones. Nevertheless, many autoloaders are quite reliable.

CCHGN: Have you ever owned or seen a revolver with a timing problem that made it dangerous? I haven't, and I've owned more revolvers than some people have seen. I have, however, seen an auto or two fail to feed. Get real.

While there have been times when I wanted the carry convenience, mag capacity and faster reload of one of my slabsides (1911 design), and kind of like the trigger, too, I usually stick with one of my EDC revolvers. Perhaps because I have been carrying almost every day for well over thirty years, I am heavily influenced by the fact that I would much rather unload or load a revolver in the house than do the same with an autoloader.

Others will make their own choices, with my best wishes.