View Single Post

Old 05-29-2018, 01:29 PM

Liked 5,242 Times in 2,483 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyabear View Post
WHY, when a 41 Mag will do the same thing, only better
You are correct in that the 10 mm cartridge's 100 yard numbers do not come close to .41 Magnum power but not all revolvers are used for deer hunting.

The better question for my Model 610 would have been "Why when a .45 ACP will do the same thing, only reload faster?" (Thin walls between chambers combined with round nose bullets allows .45 full moon clips to be tossed in with a slight twisting motion with the gun in your peripheral vision.)

My most used revolver for timed center fire matches has been my Model 610 firing .40 S&W. .40 S&W factory cartridges are much less expensive than any rimmed center fire cartridge. Before Obama took office Wal-Mart sold Remington and Winchester 100 round boxes for $16. So much .40 S&W brass is left on the ground that it is essentially free. Like the full moon clips for modified .357s and .44s, .41 Magnum clips are thin and easily bent while filling and emptying them. Once bent they act as springs cushioning the firing pin blow causing missfires. Bent rimmed cartridge full moon clips cause most of the revolver failures in matches.

Since I've got the Model 610, some 10 mm AR brass would offer benefits. I would not have to bother with clips when I'm not going to matches.

Besides, as a collector I want unusual variations, as a reloader I want additional projects and boys want more toys.
The Following User Likes This Post: