View Single Post

Old 05-30-2018, 07:47 AM

Liked 3,443 Times in 936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by model3sw View Post
After repairing and restoring European Imports (mostly German Imports) for the majority of my Lifetime, I can attest to German quality in craftsmanship but I cannot attest likewise for the French. (Referring to automobiles)

I have a collector friend that raves about both the Korth and Manurhin, inviting me to the range to try try these out. Now, I'm going to have to go see, and compare, without any preconceived prejudice.
French cars cannot be compared to French guns, the Pistolet automatique modèle 1935A was the design used for the P210. Manurhin made the Walther P38/P1, PP and PPK pistols to German standards, while the sports pistols, like the Walther Olympia evolved into the Hämmerli 200 series. Nowadays Manurhin stopped manufacturing firearms and Chapuis Arms took over production. I remember that they initially had some issues but think that those problems are overcome. Michael Zeleny, who posts a blog called larvatus prodeo has compiled excellent information on the Korth, MR73, and P210.

With an unbiased mind, you will enjoy the experience of shooting two of the greatest double action revolvers money can buy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Korth inside (2).jpg (154.4 KB, 114 views)

Last edited by Andyd; 05-30-2018 at 07:48 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: