View Single Post

Old 05-30-2018, 10:35 AM

Liked 25,753 Times in 8,706 Posts

While most young people first getting into guns are attracted to and purchase Semi Auto's, there are STILL quite a few Revolver Toter's around (including LEO's who use them off duty if allowed or as a BUG).

I am totally familiar with my M60 & M65 and have carried them (or similar) for 40 years. I am comfortable with them, I have confidence in them, I shoot them extremely well, and they are as about as reliable as a firearm gets. I have optimized my choice of carry ammo for different situations and have complete faith in that too. I have no plans on carrying Semi's any time soon.

I actually own just as many if not more Semi's as I do Revolvers - I just choose to use them at the Range. There are circumstances that do favor the use of a semi auto (1911 or Glock or Sig) during Gang riots, large crowds of Bad Guys, uprisings, etc. and thankfully that has not happened lately. If and when it ever does, a semi auto with lots of loaded Mag's will be close by, but I would always have a M60 as a BUG.

If I were a LEO on active duty, a high capacity Semi Auto would be what I would choose because they are "in the line of fire" 24/7. A 5 or 6 shot Revolver might not be adequate for them - unfortunately these day......
The Following 3 Users Like Post: