View Single Post

Old 05-30-2018, 10:37 AM

Liked 1,509 Times in 650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitwabit View Post
Whether you carry a Revolver or an Auto I think should depend on your conditions, where you live and what the crime rate and type of crime that is prevalent in your area ..

Myself I would not carry a revolver in most instances because of the conditions where I live .. and the number of rounds when carried before a reload is needed with a revolver .. My Beretta allows me 17+1 before a reload is needed .. Some one with a 5 or 6 shot revolver would have to reload 2 times to have close to the same number available to fire ..

That alone is enough to get yourself killed ..

Peoria, Illinois is just 8 miles away .. with the Illinois River a boundary between where I live and Peoria ..

The stats for Peoria from 2016 the last year they are available ..
The city violent crime rate for Peoria in 2016 was higher than the national violent crime rate average by 91.45% and the city property crime rate in Peoria was higher than the national property crime rate average by 57.01%. Several shootings in the area have had rounds fired in the high teens the last one 18 empty rounds were found .. home invasions seem to be popular among the perps .. A man was pushed down basement steps in a home invasion and died before identifying anyone last year .. usually 3 to 5 run together in packs .. the local mall has had so many incidents they put a police sub station in it ..

That is the reason I carry an auto with 13+1 around my town and 17+1 when I have to cross the river .. with a mag of the same on my off side .. and usually have a 17 round mag in the console of my Jeep !!
I prefer revolvers, but I can’t deny that there is truth in this, and I agree. That said, I don’t live anywhere near such an armpit of humanity.