View Single Post

Old 05-30-2018, 11:42 AM

Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts

Oh the sights were definitely off...way off to the left on my .40 compact, and not as much on the five inch pistol. I took the compact to my gun smith. He chuckled at how far off they were. I bought a sight pusher from a local gun store, and moved the sights on the five inch pistol myself last night. I checked my other 2.0 - the 9mm compact, and those sights were fine. I figured I'd go ahead and buy the sight pusher because at some point I'm going to want to clean the plunger area...The sights were noticeably off. It's a huge shame on me for not noticing before shooting for accuracy. I shot about a two to three inch group with my G23 that same day. The real reason for my shooting session was to make sure my Gen 4 G23 would shoot reliably with a light attached. After confirming it did, and I was shooting so far off with the M&P's, most of the rounds went to shooting those two pistols. What I will say is shooter error I believe, is my shooting low. I normally shoot like once every six weeks or so, but will be back out again this weekend sending rounds down range. My Glock shoots with a six oclock hold, and I like that sight picture. I was covering the target with my M&P's, and still shooting low. I seemed to be doing better regarding north and south point of aim as I expended my ammo. But the shooting low stumped me. I thought I was holding correctly. But I'm not going to be bold enough to say it's the pistols. I will shoot more this weekend and report back. I'm certain my east to west point of impact will be fine. Now it's the hold and working on the point of impact north and south. Like many right handed shooters, if I'm not careful, I will shoot slightly to the left of bulls eye sometimes. I also have longer type fingers, and the trigger break is a little firther back than is comfortable for me on the M&P's. But Apex triggers are on the list of to gets to improve that trigger reach for me. New to shooting the M&P pistols, trigger reach, sights off to the left...go easy on me guys lol. I'm trying over here lol. I read where Smith and Wesson zeros their 2.0's at 25 yards, and it's normal to shoot low at 7 yards. I really don't know if that is true - I just read it and can't remember where among all the googling I did. I was shooting at about 12 yards though - 12 paces out mostly. I'm not going to worry about it or over think it from one accuracy outing. I will shoot again this weekend and will most likely figure the proper sight placement easily I'm assuming. As far as my shooting skills go, I wouldn't be able to hang with competition shooters, but I'm not a bad shot either. My current phone is like five years old, and no longer will send pics to my computer. My office is supplying me a work phone I hope to acquire this week. They won't mind me using it to photograph my targets either - My boss is an AOK guy and likes shooting too. If possible, I'll post pics of my resulting targets. Any input on how low, if any I should see shot placement on paper at twelve yards would be appreciated. I'm going with the assumption I should be covering the bulls eye with the front sight dot. Thanks everyone !

EDIT: Forgot to answer the question - No I didn't have anyone else shoot the pistols. I was shooting solo. If one of my friends is free to go shooting this weekend, I'll have someone else shoot it too. That's definitely a good measuring stick when looking for shooter error. : )

Last edited by Canyon Man; 05-30-2018 at 11:50 AM.