View Single Post

Old 05-30-2018, 05:49 PM

Liked 533 Times in 171 Posts
Default My CS9 Mods

On to the grips. The rubber Hogues are so beefy, they allow a firm grip and sure soak up recoil, but they’re too large for my purposes. I saw on this forum the Big Dog grips, modified by a forum member from the Delrin grips that come on other third gen smiths. I used a 3913TSW grip and pin that I had bought for $13. I won’t go into detail on this as there’s lots of good info on this forum already for that. I essentially ground out the inside with a rotary cutter and also had to take some off the main spring retainer. It’s ok, I have more oem retainers lol. Repeated fitment process a little at a time, removing and reinstalling the grip until it was gtg

I could’ve left the bottom part that is usually flush with the mag base, but I chose to chop the grips across flush with the bottom of the frame. The result yields a nice thin profile that won’t stick out when carrying concealed.

But look, that pinky entension on the mag base sticks out a bit too much for my liking now. I’m talking deep concealment here. I also want to be able to throw this in my pocket just like my j frame. I needed a solution to this problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Mercs; 05-30-2018 at 06:32 PM.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: