View Single Post

Old 05-30-2018, 11:02 PM

Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts

I agree with you MichiganScott. I don't know the math on it, but I don't think I should be shooting as low as I was. I must at this moment, blame it on myself. It's funny how I don't shoot low with any other pistols, but I am the first to admit, the overwhelming most likely cause is shooter error. I've seen a few others post regarding shooting the M&P low. I am guessing I'm just not holding sight picture properly. Imagine my concern though. I keep shooting low, yet I'm grouping very well with the Glock 23. I'm assuming I'm just use to the Glock, but I also have an FNS long slide. That pistol has the so called "combat sights". Sometimes on my first few rounds firing that pistol I'll shoot it low, but it just takes a few rounds to get it where I want. So while I'm betting it's shooter error, I'm hoping it's not a pistol that just isn't well suited for me. The only thing uncomfortable about the pistol is where the trigger breaks at. That being said, I can adjust to anything I like to think. I just got to do a couple of dry fires with my buddies M&P that he just put the Apex in - and OMG I love that trigger reach. Assuming I do better shooting the M&P's this weekend, I'll soon be installing the Apex triggers on mine. While it may help my accuracy a little bit, nothing as drastic as to how low I was shooting. I don't hate the stock trigger, but the reach on the Apex feels much more natural of a fit to me. I'll bench rest shoot it this weekend too. I'll figure it out. But I am not saying any aftermarket trigger is going to fix what's wrong with my aim. That is something I just have to practice through. I'll repost this weekend after shooting. I hope you all stay tuned to this thread for it. Wish me luck !