View Single Post

Old 05-31-2018, 12:48 AM

Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts

I have them as dead center as I can tell by looking at them. I don't have calipers to measure them, but if they are not perfect, I don't think I'll be able to notice. They are centered. I know it's a good idea to do the final adjustments in the field while shooting. Gun smiths put sights on and center them without shooting. They are probably using calipers to measure too though. I'm new to this forum, and regardless of that, I always try to remain polite. All I can tell you is I know how to shoot. This pistol IS shooting low. Is it me ? Honestly, I think I'll have to order a lower front sight and or higher rear sights. I've been shooting for 30 years. I'm not an idiot. I've never....EVER...shot this low before. I've never had to order special sights. I'm hoping if I indeed need they are sold with night sights...or affordable enough to have tritium put in. I normally shoot steel targets. I like shooting steel. I don't have to change out targets, and I can have fun playing run n gun in the desert. I shoot one handed, shoot while breathing heavy, and will admit - I need more practice shooting left handed. But I can shoot good enough to feel alarmed when I shoot this low. It is not unjustified. I've never had any accuracy problems with any pistols - or rifles I've ever shot before. This is new to me, which is why I'm here on this forum - looking for others who may have experienced what I have with the M&P series. I'm finding all kind of stuff on google, ppl just like me, shooting the M&P low. I've read threads where everyone called them simply a bad shot to paraphrase. Then they respond as I am - saying come on man - I know how to shoot. It seems Dawson Precision has been the answer on a few occasions. I just want to make sure it's not a new platform and I'm indeed not issue. I can't go out and buy precision sights or sell the gun without bench rest shooting and making doubly sure it's not me. Nothing wrong with doing your own gunsmithing. I personally believe you should know how to assemble and disassemble your weapons. I could tell you gun smith stories...marks on the gun, poor workmanship, losing the old parts...if you want something done right old saying ya know. Even if I find my pistol shoots fine and it was me, I may still look into trying to move the point of impact to the 6 o'clock hold. If I didn't simply like the M&P line so much I'd just stick with my Glocks and FNS. I'm really trying to make these pistols work for me. And for the record, I own a couple of 9mm's - and yes I can shoot them a little faster - just like anyone, but I'm one of those die hard sinning .40 caliber fans. I feel pretty well protected with the plus p gold dots and HST's in 9mm - but I do still prefer the .40. I've tried hard to jump on the 9mm band wagon - I just have a comfort zone with the .40, and I like it.