View Single Post

Old 05-31-2018, 06:49 PM

Liked 2,202 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlson1 View Post
Recoil is not an issue. The issue I have is the M60 is “not rated” for +p ammo so I am in the market for standard pressure ammo.
These babies get carried quite a bit... Both of them, strong side front pocket and strong side hip or back pocket. One is loaded with the Buffalo Bore, 150 grain full wad cutters, normal pressure. The other with Buffalo Bore's 158 grain LSWC-HP, standard pressure as well. Both of these loads perform well thru denim covered gel. I've also carried the LSWC-HP 158grain +P as well in the blued M36... Split time was a bit more than the two aforementioned but it's a serious load for a serious problem. Nobody is going to take two of those to the navel or pelvis and be a problem anymore. If you look at the Buffalo Bore +P version link below OP... you'll notice the first revolver tested was in a 2" barreled M60. If Tim Sundles says you can safely shoot a round in a particular gun... then I trust him. He wouldn't post advertised velocity in a gun/model it wasn't safe to shoot out of. I've had numerous conversations with Tim and he knows his guns and loads. I now stick to the non plus P loads but I have a stock of the +P's and won't hesitate to carry them in a pinch. All 3 of his loads... you'd be hard pressed to find anything that performs much better.
Heavy .38 Special +P Pistol & Handgun Ammunition
Pics of "J's"

Last edited by HamHands; 05-31-2018 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Edited for spelling...
The Following User Likes This Post: