View Single Post

Old 05-31-2018, 08:35 PM

Liked 533 Times in 171 Posts
Default My CS9 “Chiefs Special” Mods

Next up, it was time to deal with the ambi decocker that sticks out way too far on BOTH sides for my purposes. I don’t use it as a safety; I like to carry in DA. I found a single sided decocker at Numrich and although it set me back about $50, I felt it was worth it. I may also decide to sell the ambi one to recoup some of the cost. Here is my ambi next to the new single sided decocker.

Having the lever on one side reduced the slide profile significantly, so much so that I realized I could really slick this up if I melted the lever a bit. So I took a grinder to it, and then filed the last bit, then sanded and polished. I tried to reblue it at first, but the bluing wouldn’t take as well as it did when I shaved down top of the front sight to raise the POI. The polish should hold over time with maintenance.

I then did the same thing to my slide stop next; I can’t reach it anyways, and I got jealous when I saw GaryS rocking the low profile slide stop from Numrich. I made my own shadetree version, as seen here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Mercs; 06-01-2018 at 10:36 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: