View Single Post

Old 06-01-2018, 12:37 PM

Liked 819 Times in 358 Posts
Default 696 Has To Go Back To S&W Again

Last November I sent my gently used 696 back to S&W for a cylinder that was binding up. I bought it used and with the cylinder binding up the way it was that's probably why the previous owner didn't shoot it, then sold it.

S&W received the gun on 12/1/17. After about 5 weeks and not hearing anything from S&W I called to see what the status was. They were baffled as to why I hadn't received a letter on the status, and they were going to contact the Performance Center and so-and-so would send out a letter.

Long story shorter, I had to keep calling every so often to get the status; nobody knew why it was taking so long, and nobody was calling back. I was finally able to talk to the right person and in addition to getting the gun "fixed" I had a Master Action Package done on it.

I received the pistol in April, took it out last weekend and shot it. The Master Action Package is very nice, but on that same charge hole the cylinder is moving forward and scuffing the forcing cone and binding up the cylinder.

Got to send it back in and have it done again.

Bill