View Single Post

Old 06-01-2018, 06:38 PM

Liked 7,748 Times in 2,127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoboGunLeather View Post
One of my projects (about 10 years ago) was recreating the original carving pattern, based upon a photograph of Tom Threepersons' personal holster which is now in a private collection.
FYI, and I've mentioned it before, The Autry holds Tom's revolver and 'that' Myres holster; and the holster itself it holds as being Lone Wolf Gonzaullas, not Tom's. There is only one surviving original Tom Threepersons holster and that's the one that I hold, which I bought from the widow of the chap who received it personally from Tom in 1934 at the Prescott rodeo.

nichols post (4).jpg nichols post (5).jpg

Tom's LEO service began and ended before Myres was in the holster business; so 1920-1927 for Tom, and 1931 onwards for Myres with his Tom Threepersons Style Holster range including the No. 614 based on Tom's original (which I believe was made by Egland in Douglas, where Tom was both in a rodeo as his alter ego Tom Three Persons winner of the Calgary rodeo of 1912, and joined the Army, both in 1916).

The Autry is providing images for The Book, of the revolver and badge of Tom's that they hold, and of the holster of Gonzaullas that they hold, which will cost me/us more than a low-budget operation like ours would wish; and if they'll allow us to re-post them here we will. What's been missing all these years, of all three items, is the other side of each!

Last edited by rednichols; 06-01-2018 at 06:43 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: