View Single Post

Old 06-02-2018, 09:20 AM

Liked 3,494 Times in 1,485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoboGunLeather View Post
Once again I will state the most obvious point I can make on this subject. Despite all the advertising and claims by those marketing specialized products, there is no source with the many years of research and development in firearms cleaning, maintenance, and lubrication products that the US military has.

Since the late 1960's I have been using US military surplus bore cleaning solvents and lubricants on all of my firearms with complete satisfaction. Also, instead of paying inflated prices for tiny portions of the "newest and bestest" I can pay a dollar or two for pint or quart-sized cans of GI surplus products of the highest quality.

GI bore cleaning solvent is great for removing powder residue and bore fouling. LSA (Lubricant, Small Arms) is suitable for just about any firearm from rimfire rifles to 20mm anti-tank weapons. And you can probably find either (or both) at just about any gun show for chump-change prices, or go on-line and order it in by the carton or truck load.

Of course, if you prefer to use only the newest and most heavily advertised products you can pay ten or twenty times as much, and you will probably be rewarded with things like canola oil infused with scents and colorants.

Your choice. Think about it: the US military has been dealing with these issues for well over a hundred years, requiring large quantities of cleaning and lubricating products for use in small arms deployed in every possible climate condition.
As a caveat, the cleaning agents of the past, just might be harmful to the user. I prefer to have a basement full of little bottles of different lubes and cleaners .
The Following User Likes This Post: