View Single Post

Old 06-02-2018, 08:11 PM

Liked 5,242 Times in 2,483 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALADIN85020 View Post
For quite a while when I was younger, an old model Super Blackhawk was my only revolver. I had no problem with it being my "house gun." Figured if someone heard those loud four clicks from me cocking it, they'd be gone or changing their underwear on the ground; no need to shoot it. Pretty close to the sound of a pump shotgun being shucked!

John

For both hunting and tactically, that is an argument against single actions! The clicking collectors adore could give away your position. By the way, why does the Super BH in your picture still have perfect bluing? Is that not the SBH you had in your youth?

Regarding the suggestion that carrying a single action risks false claims that you fired accidentally, later on your attorney may ask if you can testify that it was an accident yourself. If your home owner's insurance adjuster does not dispute the claim then they will cover your civil liability. Can anyone cite a case where the perp's claim the good guy who shot them fired accidentally caused the shooter to be charged with a crime?
The Following User Likes This Post: