View Single Post

Old 06-02-2018, 10:35 PM

Liked 7,746 Times in 2,127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by les.b View Post
Red, I don't see it often, but saw a copy of the magazine "Guns of the Old West" on the newstand today, and picked it up to look at the pictures, mostly (sort of like Playboy). Anyway, this is the summer 2018 issue, and I noticed that there is an article by Dennis Adler called "The Legend Continues" about your old friend John Bianchi. More or less leading up to what ties in with this particular magazine, his current venture, "Frointier Gunleather". I haven't read it all yet, but thought you might be interested. Dont know if you guys get this magazine down under. If you need a copy, let me know, and I'll send it to you.

Best Regards, Les
Thank you so much Les, would love to have a copy of the article by email [email protected] . Adler of course is the author of puff pieces on both John and on Safariland within the last few years. I mentioned to my team mates working on The Book, that it's OK that we can't speak to the oldie makers to get 'the truth' because even in their lifetimes, we makers spin so many tales we begin to believe them ourselves! So how is an interviewer to know better (but geez, I reckon the author of the puff piece on Bill Rogers should've questioned his claim that he invented the paddle holster).

Thanks, think I have some of your pics that I want to run past you for use in The Book :-). I do my best to keep track of image owners and so, any that I can't be sure of, John and I will have to leave out of course.

Last edited by rednichols; 06-02-2018 at 10:36 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: