View Single Post

Old 06-03-2018, 11:08 AM
US Veteran

Liked 50,373 Times in 6,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by k22fan View Post
By the way, why does the Super BH in your picture still have perfect bluing? Is that not the SBH you had in your youth?
Sadly, I traded the Super B I owned as a youth off for something else I wanted more. It had the original varnished grips and black eagle emblem. It was a "white box" issue made soon after Ruger quit providing a wooden box with the gun. Those boxes, made for a very short time, are now worth more than the guns they contained. Again sadly, my wife threw that valuable box out during a residence move. When I found out she had done that, I patiently explained that she should NEVER throw out a gun box again without my express permission! By the way, the serial number on that Super B was 10030. I still have a box of ammo I handloaded back then, and the label bears that number. If anyone here now has it - please PM me immediately!

Years later, I found a later gun made in 1973, just before the changeover to the "new model." It's as new in the box. That is the gun illustrated. For the record, I kept both guns in extremely nice condition - number 10030 did have just a tad of holster wear, though.

John

Last edited by PALADIN85020; 06-03-2018 at 11:11 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: