Thread: 3.6" why?
View Single Post

Old 06-03-2018, 11:22 PM

Liked 679 Times in 313 Posts

As a matter of comparison & context, this 3.6 with 16-round capacity is maybe an eighth of an inch taller & maybe a quarter-inch or less shorter than the new 9-shot .380 EZ.

The slide is close enough to the same length as the Walther PPQ2 SC (sub compact) to not quibble over, with the Walther barrel at 3.5 inches.
The little Walther, with extended 15-round finger rest mag inserted, is maybe 3/8 of an inch taller.

This new 2.0 3.6 Compact gives us a very concealable size with a full-sized grip and great onboard capacity.

The popular Glock 26 in 9mm has a 3.42-inch barrel, which is quite concealable up front, but looses grip coverage & control, unless you add something to the bottom to hang onto, which many people do & which adds length for those who have a problem with printing grip sections in concealment.

The 3.6 2.0 Compact just simply offers an excellent all-round package for many of us.
It doesn't appeal to everybody, but there's no reason why ANY new model should.

Out of the many years of shooting Smith autos I've done, this one strikes me as the best for my current needs.
Those who disagree need not buy.
Denis
The Following User Likes This Post: