View Single Post

Old 06-04-2018, 12:05 AM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Man View Post
I'm not using the extended magazine. It's the 2.0 compact. My pinky finger goes about 1/8 inch off the bottom of the magazine on the compact.
There's your difference between the 5" and the Compact.

Try this the next time your at the range. With the 5" gun, extend the pinky of your shooting hand like you would if you were drinking "high tea" in Brittan. It sounds weird, but this has helped many shooters with the issue of shooting low.

When gripping a pistol only the middle and ring finger are used to hold the grip tightly against the base of the palm. The pinky and thumb should be relaxed. Of course the only thing that should move is the trigger (index) finger. If the pinky is squeezed with the shot, the group will almost always be low.

This is why I never say "squeeze" the trigger. The trigger should be pressed straight back. The only movement should be the trigger finger. When we say "squeeze", we tend to squeeze the whole hand and that tends to move the muzzle down ever so slightly.

Try the pinky thing. It will look and feel funny at first, but I bet it works. This is why the Compact is less of an issue, because the pinky isn't part of the equation.