View Single Post

Old 06-04-2018, 03:12 AM

Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts

Thanks Rastoff. The pinky extended makes a lot of sense. I think you're spot on ! I did some just before sunset shooting today. I'm about 20 minutes from open desert.

Only shot 200 rounds, about 150 of them thru the 5 inch pistol. My groups are growing more circular in pattern, and I even shot some rounds a couple inches high. Never been so happy to shoot high lol. Most of my low shots were only about two inches, but I still pulled some about 4 inches low. I focused a lot on my grip today. I only shot from 12 yards out the whole time - tape measured it out today.

I felt like the key had to be in my grip after bench rest shooting a couple groups yesterday. I'll bet the pinky being extended isolates the problem to confirm where the downward pull is coming from. I tried holding the front sight dot above the two rear sight dots, but that just wasn't consistently easy to place that hold. I gave that thought process up within 10 or 15 rounds - it sounded logical at the time - not !

I'm going to try to shoot every weekend for another month or so to build some consistency in shooting technique and muscle memory. I feel confident extending the pinky out is going to tell the tale. I don't think I would have thought of that without you. I didn't today. My average groupings today were about four inches. I know that's not great, but I'm pretty happy about that. But four or five groupings went out to like 6 inches. I shot about 25 six shot groups though. I know these aren't great groups, and certainly not consistent. But at least they aren't all consistently low.

I'm beginning to feel more combat effective with the pistol. It's a huge leap from a week ago. It's taking more rounds down range than I expected. It's not a natural point and shoot quickly pistol for me yet, but it's certainly coming along.

Last edited by Canyon Man; 06-04-2018 at 04:30 AM.