View Single Post

Old 06-04-2018, 12:45 PM

Liked 25,687 Times in 8,681 Posts
Default I GOT TO SHOOT A NEW RUGER MARK IV LAST FRIDAY

One of my friends just bought a brand new Ruger Mark IV and we rode out to the Range last Friday to shoot it - among other stuff.

I will commend Ruger for their newly redesigned pistol that takes down very easily. Push one button and it comes apart. The older design was a p.i.t.a. to say the least! The fit and finish was OK and accuracy was acceptable - although not terrific (might improve with a descent trigger though).

The only real objection that I have with the $450.00 Pistol was the absolutely horrendous Trigger. The pull weight was upwards of 7+ pounds and had much creep! He said he was going to order a Volquartsen Trigger for it ($100 bucks) which should remedy that to about 2.5 pounds according to their advertising.

I know all about liability and price points of this Pistol, I just don't get how Ruger has the guts to label this a "Target" model with such a bad trigger!

Anyway, even with the cost of the Volquartsen trigger replacement the total cost will be about $550 which if it does what they say it will, is still within reason. So unless he just got a "bad one" Ruger has still not really addressed their horrible triggers. I do think they did a great job on the take down though!

SEE POST #7 FOR UPDATE

Last edited by chief38; 06-04-2018 at 09:03 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: