View Single Post

Old 06-04-2018, 03:05 PM

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan View Post
100% agree...but that is not what I am comparing... I have a 57 4" and would carry that over a 97 gladly...but I will take either over a snubbie.

As to your example of shoot-reload-shoot...again show me the hundreds or even dozens of self-defense shootings that require a reload. They don't exist.
Don't need to show you, common sense says you will fail if that does happen. Again, I don't carry or practice for the avg fight/99% attack. I assume the worst will happen & I will need the 9-11 I carry & a rapid reload. Multiple armed attackers are a growing threat, active shooters with long guns or semiautos, even non gun armed multi attackers, armed with a SA revo, you are hoping they run but if not, you are probably dead.
A SA revo may make you feel good in the part of the country you live in, you probably do not need to carry a gun anyway. If the point of the gun is to save my life in a fight, I want the greatest chance of doing just that. I think there are too many old guys that like me love my SA revo but really have no idea how a fight would go so armed. All the noise about deterrents, well there are nut jobs out there that are not deterred by the mere sight of a handgun, pull it, better be able to use it 100% effectively.

Last edited by fredj338; 06-04-2018 at 03:12 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: