View Single Post

Old 06-05-2018, 09:19 AM

Liked 65 Times in 31 Posts

If I get a handgun, and it does NOT shoot to the left (may be low as well), I'm pleasantly surprised. Been at it for over 40 years and I long ago figured out it's me - mostly. Now, I'm not saying i am an expert, or that I shoot enough or anything like that. But I am saying that I tap the front sight a smidge on almost every pistol I have ever owned. The exceptions have been two Series 70 Colt 1911,s which were used so I surmise that may have already been done, and my 1927 Colt Hammerless .380 - which is no tack driver, but they're all in the middle. Also, my 1984 S&W Model 60.

Both my Shield 9 and the 2.0C impact a bit low and left. I tapped the front on the Shield and now it's perfect. Haven't touched the 2.0C yet, but I will. The latter is less susceptible to me because of the better trigger and longer barrel.

NOTE: 90% of my shooting/training time at the range is spent at less than 7 yards, right down to point blank, double tap or quick fire. So, a couple inches at 12 to 25 yds is not a huge matter to me. For that I pull out the S&W model 17 and have fun.