View Single Post

Old 06-05-2018, 11:44 AM

Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts

I hear where you're coming from CBStuard. I've got the second to the largest grip panel on it now. I've considered going to the largest panel, and may give indeed give that one a try. My first choice at the moment for summer concealed carry on the compact is a rubber wrap around grip. I really like the 2.0 rough grip texture, but it just won't work for concealed carry without an under shirt. I had put the rubber grips on a Beretta 96A1 and a Sig 226 in the past, and loved them. Gosh love how the recoil is absorbed with them on too. I don't really want to sand down the grip texture. I have my Gen 4 23 set up with the medium sized OEM beaver tail cut in half and installed over the sandpaper talon grips. That makes a pretty perfect sized grip and trigger pull for me.

The single action trigger pull on DA/SA pistols have always struck me as a bit short too, but you just learn to live with some things. Finding a perfect length of pull has always been a challenge for me. Like most, I can shoot a 1911 pretty well. I don't own one any more, but I shoot my friends very well. The Apex mimics the 1911 trigger pull a little bit with a pretty small amount of over travel on the trigger.