View Single Post

Old 06-05-2018, 04:54 PM

Liked 533 Times in 171 Posts
Default My CS9 “Chiefs Special” Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbolt View Post
FWIW, the hammers and triggers that looked like they were "stainless" were actually the older machined carbon steel parts that were flash-chromed. At some point you're going to "polish" through the chrome and reveal the "plain" carbon steel, so keep an eye out for oxidation.

The newer slide stop levers and manual safety assemblies were stainless MIM (according to what someone at the factory told me). He said they'd changed those from cast stainless to MIM stainless production at some point.

Don't be surprised if the "polished" appearance of those disparate parts and assemblies may not be exactly the same.

The slide stop looks like it has tiny pores in it. The rest is all mirror finish. I will try to lay off polishing again though unless it’s necessary. I’ll keep an eye on the polished external parts over time, but I would bet the unpolished flash chromed surfaces will oxidize first. I’ll find out in time lol

I just got done shooting it. Has a perfect DA, feels sort of like my j-frame that I did the trigger work on, only better. Definitely under 10 lbs. and SMOOTH as silk. SA has also been reduced significantly. I will borrow my neighbors trigger gauge later and check the pulls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Mercs; 06-05-2018 at 10:10 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: