View Single Post

Old 06-06-2018, 08:10 PM

Liked 198 Times in 111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobzGuns View Post
A 'Compact', regardless of brand (G19, SR9c, M&P9c, XD Service, etc) makes for a very good 'All-Around' handgun.
(Range, Home Defense, Carry and even Competition)
Yeah, I would go along with this. A compact or possibly a full sized pistol from one of the major manufacturers is going to be easier and more enjoyable to carry as well as provide better capacity than a revolver or sub-compact pistol.

Shop around, handle and shoot, if possible, as many guns as you can to avoid buyers remorse. If you decide to sell a gun you just can't live with you stand to loose money so you want to be pretty sure you will be happy before you lay your money down.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy used to save a few dollars if you are on a tight budget. If you are not sure what to look for when examining a used pistol there are plenty of tutorials on the WWW (use Google) or bring a friend who knows guns intimately when you go shopping.

Oh, one last thing. Whatever brand you go with I would suggest you get it in a 9mm. The 9mm is a proven self defense round, is widely available and less expensive than any other centerfire round.