View Single Post

Old 06-06-2018, 11:17 PM

Liked 3,903 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanewpadle View Post
Check “The Snubby Revolver” by Ed Lovette.
Had the pleasure of meeting and knowing Ed Lovette when he was an instructor at the State of New Mexico Police Academy. That was much before he went on to bigger and better? things. I was a firearms instructor in the annual NMState Police Academy which took place in the same facilities as did the year round Academy for all NM LEOs that became a requirement back in the 70's. That one started out with a one week session per class in the beginning and there was a requirement that all existing LEO's had to "qualify" plus any new one had to do so within one year of hire date. Albuquerque PD had it's own academy and so were covered as was the NMSP. It was a pretty hectic deal to get all the State's LEO's through the initial program. That program grew over the years as it should have.

I was impressed with Mr. Lovette at that time and he was just a young lad at the time. Of course, I wasn't much older! His book is a good read and contains other info that is interesting to read. It is a bit dated but I think it's worth your time and money.