View Single Post

Old 06-07-2018, 07:29 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,114 Times in 501 Posts
Question BEST collet bullet puller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolguy View Post
A collet bullet puller is THE way to go. Much more civilized than an impact puller. They are not very expensive, and once you have the body, you only need to buy a collet of whatever size you want to do. The collets are a few bucks. The collet puller is used with a reloading press. A single stage press is handy, but can be used in a progressive too.
This is what I have found thus far:
Forster Collet Style Bullet Puller - MPN: BP1010
AND
Forster Collet Bullet Puller Collet 35 Cal (358 - MPN: bp2358

Not worried about the cost, more so about the wasted effort of beating a hammer to death... ;-) That effort does NOT tend to calm this old disabled vet down much to say the least...

BTW, I was wondering about getting screwed up switching 38Sp to 357Mag back and forth. Paranoid to say the least, but it has paid off. In the long run, I only have three basic reloads to worry about:
  1. My old 1953 Remington 722 #.222
  2. My .357 in my 686 and 627
  3. And my little 642 carry...
  4. My 22-Long Rifle is rim fire and just a nice plunker that doesn't count since it is not a reloader-type... ;-)
  5. PLUS, if I start choosing too damn many bullet weights/types, I'll get CORN-FUSED... Trying to simplify where I can, but have not done so yet... 8-(

My favorite round is the 158XTP for my handguns. I am "testing out" whether I will like the 125XTP and its faster FPS, or not. May be more trouble than its worth... Just don't know...